With that stated, we're happy to introduce you to this espresso skillet monkey bread recipe by Kiley O'Donnell, aka @wellmadebykiley, who makes a speciality of whipping up health-focused desserts. Maintain studying to see why this monkey bread will get our stamp of approval earlier than discovering easy methods to make it your self.
Why we love this espresso skillet monkey bread recipe
Cinnamon. Glazed. Dessert for breakfast. We're tempted to go away the advantages of this recipe with these few phrases solely. Nonetheless, we’re working within the wellness world in any case, so let’s take a fast gander at how and why this monkey bread checks out from a dietary standpoint.
To start out, this monkey bread recipe packs protein, carbs, and fats, making it a balanced but nonetheless candy deal with for breakfast. So far as the primary macro goes, Greek yogurt is the star of the present. In line with the USDA, eight ounces of normal Greek yogurt (which this recipe requires) can supply as much as 23 grams of protein—to not point out satiating wholesome fat and carbs, in addition to gut-friendly probiotics—relying on the range you select. Whereas ensuring you get ample protein all through the day is essential, consultants routinely recommend loading up on it for breakfast particularly. As Erin Palinski-Wade, RD, CDE beforehand informed Properly+Good, “Beginning off your day with a protein-rich breakfast could have the most important impression, since it could actually assist to stabilize blood sugar ranges all day lengthy—which means extra constant power.”
From there, a couple of different elements of observe are:
Final however not least, for the maple espresso glaze, O’Donnell suggests utilizing Oat Haus Espresso Granola Butter. It not solely mimics the flavour of an oat milk latte, but in addition affords dietary perks. Her recipe requires 1 / 4 cup of the vegan, gluten-free granola butter, which provides 4 grams of protein and fiber to the combination. When you don’t have this particular choice available, don’t fret; merely sub in two tablespoons of freshly brewed, antioxidant-rich espresso to spherical out the flavour profile, delight your style buds, and luxuriate in a small kick of caffeine.
Alas, right here’s easy methods to inch nearer to your individual slice (or two) of heaven within the type of coffee-flavored monkey bread.
Protein-packed espresso skillet monkey bread recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
1/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar
2-3 tsp cinnamon
Maple Espresso Glaze:
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup cup maple syrup
1/4 cup Oat Haus Espresso Granola Butter or 2 tbsp recent brewed espresso
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Topping:
4 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a medium skillet or baking dish; put aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, Greek yogurt, and baking soda. Combine collectively till a dough kinds (you might want to make use of your fingers to completely incorporate).
3. In a separate small bowl, combine collectively the coconut sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar coating.
4. Scoop the dough out (about two tablespoons per ball) and use your fingers to roll right into a spherical form. Roll across the ball within the cinnamon sugar coating, ensuring to fully cowl the floor. Repeat till the dough is gone.
5. Place the dough balls into the ready skillet or baking dish.
6. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and granola butter. Drizzle the maple espresso glaze combination over the dough balls within the skillet or baking dish. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
7. Whereas baking, beat collectively the elements for the cinnamon cream cheese topping.
8. Take away the monkey bread from the oven, permit to chill for 10 minutes, after which high with the cream cheese topping. Take pleasure in!