After all, we love utilizing this past helpful piece of kit for making a few of our all-time favourite sweater climate soup recipes, however that’s not all: Your multi-cooker can bake desserts, too. Like lava cake.
@lifewaykefir Comfortable, gooey, and fudgy, our recipe for Sluggish-Cooker Chocolate Maple Lava Cake is the #vegan cake of our desires! Made with Lifeway Oat and actual cocoa powder, it is a candy deal with that's simple to make and good in your intestine. #LoveYourGuts ♬ authentic sound – Lifeway Kefir
Prepared so as to add a little bit additional sweetness to your life is that this gradual cooker chocolate maple lava cake recipe that is sneakily filled with probiotics. Let’s dig proper in.
Why this gradual cooker lava cake is nice for the soul and the intestine
Intestine well being is one thing we discuss virtually day by day right here at W+G—which is why we really feel passionately about researching the very best methods to assist your intestine microbiome with out solely consuming, you already know, bran cereal and sauerkraut. Thankfully, with the blessing of many registered dietitians we work with, we all know it is potential to have your probiotic cake and eat it, too—with the assistance of the proper recipe. To that finish, this chocolate maple lava cake checks each field: It’s simple to make (hello, gradual cooker), filled with gut-friendly probiotics (what's up, cultured oat milk), and it’s vegan-friendly.
In contrast to most conventional lava muffins, that are made with the same old baking trio—butter, eggs, and refined sugar—this model will get its ooey, gooey consistency from its star ingredient: Lifeway Cultured Natural Oat Milk.
This dairy-free, plant-based, gluten-free product is made out of natural oats and comprises 10 reside and energetic vegan probiotic cultures per serving. Along with this, one cup of this cultured oat beverage additionally has 4 grams of protein and two grams of fiber. Briefly: It’s actually good for you, particularly your intestine.
Along with the aesthetic oat milk, the opposite most important ingredient of this recipe is darkish cocoa powder, a longevity-boosting rockstar (and who doesn’t love chocolate, anyway?). This beloved staple has been linked to combating irritation and boosting your temper, because of its excessive antioxidant content material. We love.
The best way to bake a cake in a gradual cooker
Fairly presumably our favourite half in regards to the recipe (except for its scrumptious taste) is the sheer comfort issue of it. To make it, you simply dump every thing in in a bowl and push Begin.
A phrase to the smart: To assist make this gradual cooker cake a hit, you’ll wish to grease the within of your clear gradual cooker with the non-stick spray of your alternative (or parchment paper), as you'd with an everyday ol’ baking pan. Then, you may sit again and loosen up because the gradual cooker works its magic for about three hours of hands-free cooking.
On that observe, in case you’re available on the market for a brand-spanking new gradual cooker with a little bit extra curb attraction in your kitchen counter, Crock-Pot is including two all-new gradual cookers to their roster (and so they’re cute… no actually), launching on September 24. Say hiya to Crock-Pot Programmable Sluggish Cooker with Sous Vide Mode that incorporates a nifty temperature probe (excellent for baking!) and the Crock-Pot Design Sequence Handbook Sluggish Cooker in Ponderosa Inexperienced (a limited-edition shade that screams fall vibes). Pleased gradual cooker-baking season.
Sluggish cooker chocolate maple lava cake recipe
Yields 4 to six servings
For the gradual cooker chocolate maple cake:
1 cup whole-grain oat flour or gluten-free flour equal
1/2 cup unsweetened darkish cocoa powder (Dutch-processed cocoa; not common cocoa powder)
1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
1/4 Tsp sea salt
1 cup Lifeway Strawberry Oat Milk
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
3 Tbsp vegan or dairy-free darkish chocolate chips
For the lava (pudding or frosting):
1/2 cup extra darkish cocoa powder (Dutch-processed; not common baking cocoa)
3/4 cup coconut sugar or date sugar (or unrefined gentle brown sugar)
1 cup boiling sizzling water
1. Prep: Spray a 4-6 quart gradual cooker with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper contained in the cooker. It's also possible to use an Instantaneous Pot and set it to the “Sluggish-Cook dinner Mode” (don’t use the pressure-cooking mode). If utilizing an Instantaneous Pot, skip this prep step.
2. For the cake: Combine the oat flour, a half cup darkish cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sift collectively to combine till mixed. Pour in Lifeway Oat, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and stir effectively to combine utterly right into a cake batter. Pour this into the ready gradual cooker. Sprinkle in vegan or dairy-free chocolate chips on prime.
3. Subsequent, combine up the lava (pudding or frosting) substances: In a medium bowl, add a half cup extra darkish or Dutch-processed cocoa powder, three-quarters cup of coconut sugar, and sift to mix. Pour one cup of sizzling water on prime and blend utterly. (Be certain the water is boiling sizzling as a result of that is what dissolves the sugar and cocoa powder right into a fudgy frosting.) Pour this on prime of the ready cake batter within the gradual cooker accomplished in the 1st step. The combination will look very watery, however don’t fear; it bakes up right into a wealthy, fudgy, cake-like pudding.
4. Flip the gradual cooker to medium-high warmth and prepare dinner (“bake”) for 3 hours or till agency. In case your gradual cooker doesn’t have a medium setting, prepare dinner on excessive for one hour, then 2.5 extra hours on low. Or simply prepare dinner on low for 3-3.5 hours in case you desire. If utilizing an Instantaneous Pot, set it to the “slow-cook” mode and prepare dinner for 3 hours (don’t use the pressure-cooking perform because the slow-cooking is what makes this cake gentle and fudgy).
5. As soon as the cake is cooked and the lava pudding on prime seems dissolved, flip off the cooker, take away the cake and scoop some right into a bowl and serve with vegan coconut-based ice cream, vegan whipped coconut cream, or different desired dairy-free ice cream choices. (It’s additionally nice with recent strawberries or raspberries on prime.)
For leftovers, (when you've got any!), let the cake cool utterly and retailer within the fridge for 3-4 days.
Chocolate lovers, these vegan choco chip cookies are calling your identify: