So here is the deal: These TikTok-friendly purple beauties include all the normal components you most likely already affiliate with cookies (suppose: flour, butter, sugar, and baking powder). Nonetheless, in addition they name for a beneficiant scoop of blueberries—and past giving the sweets their lovely hue, this not-so-secret ingredient presents some critical well being rewards.
To call only a few advantages of blueberries (as a result of, actually, we could possibly be right here all day), these teeny-tiny fruits include a robust antioxidant often known as anthocyanin, which helps defend our our bodies from the dangerous, inflammatory results of free radicals.
In addition they profit your cardiovascular well being. “Blueberries include highly effective bioactive compounds referred to as anthocyanins, a part of the flavonoid household, and in lab and animal experiments, we all know that anthocyanins—chargeable for the good purple and blue colours in fruits and different plant meals—can cut back irritation, maintain arteries wholesome and versatile, enhance blood move, and cut back levels of cholesterol,” dietary researcher Aedin Cassidy, PhD, advised Effectively+Good.
And, as if all of this weren't sufficient, blueberries are additionally good to your abdomen—which is strictly the place these cookies will likely be going when you're finished studying this text. Why? Blueberries include prebiotic fiber that promotes a balanced intestine microbiome, which can bolster your immune system and cognitive well being by extension.
If you happen to simply cannot wait to make these beautiful morsels any longer, maintain scrolling to search out meals blogger Justine Doiron's recipe for these blueberry cookies. If you happen to begin baking (checks watch) proper now, you may be having fun with ooey-gooey cookies in a single hour or much less.
Justine Dorian's 7-ingredient, anti-inflammatory blueberry cookies
Yields 12 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp of granulated sugar
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Both within the microwave or on the stovetop, thaw the frozen blueberries till they're tender and jammy. Within the microwave this could take about 30 seconds on excessive warmth, and on the stovetop it ought to take about two to a few minutes on medium warmth.
4. Let the blueberries cool for about two to a few minutes. Whereas they're cooling, use an electrical mixer or a stand mixer to cream collectively the butter and sugar till the combination is noticeably lighter and fluffy.
5. Add the blueberries to the butter and sugar and cream at a excessive velocity. You wish to basically “mash” the blueberries into the combination, making it in order that they're pureéd and absolutely mixed with the butter and sugar. The combination ought to be a deep purple colour.
6. Steadily fold the dry components in with the moist components to type a dough. Combine within the white chocolate chips. The dough will likely be very slack, so chill within the freezer for half-hour earlier than shaping into 12 balls.
7. Bake the cookies at 400°F for 10 to 13 minutes or till barely brown on the sides. Let cool on a cooling rack for 5 to 10 minutes after which serve!